onsdag 25. januar 2012

Attention Span

So my boyfriend reads, and has read everything there is online. This leads to him having the annoying quality of knowing -or that he thinks he knows, everything. Most often unfortunately -he is right. Here is my problem -I have the attention span of a two year old. Let me explain.

I start reading something online, like a Wikipedia article about something I zone out within minutes of reading it. That means, if the article is too long, I will not complete my read. Why am I like this? I have no idea. In all fairness I have spent five yeas in a university finishing my degree in Pharmacy -maybe I got enough reading back then?

It's the same with all the things I want to learn. Once I wanted to roller-blade. It was very "in" in the 90s, and comes and goes every now and then. I still wish I could do it, but as mention, my attention span is that of a two year old -and if I can not make it right away, I chose not to do something.

Picture editing, and taking photos in general: I've wanted to be a photographer for as long as I can remember. Last year I finally bought a camera, and since then I have even bought another two lenses to use in addition to the standard 18-55mm you get with your camera. Yet -I still don't use it as much as I should, and I do not edit photos at all. I even got myself adobe CS and this other program for editing raw format files, and yet, no editing is going on.

As of now I am on sick leave for about 4 more weeks, I guess I can spend some time reading up and watching videos on editing and maybe, just maybe I will learn something? Maybe, just maybe I will do something? I doubt it though. Now that makes me sound like I have little faith in myself, and in all fairness I do. But don't you know yourself too? Isn't there a whole lot of things you procrastinate over that just never gets done?

I blame it on the attention span..
xoxo
M

Ingen kommentarer: