tirsdag 22. juni 2010

Friendships and boyfriends (and alcohol too)

Warning, If you are one of my friends, and you do read my blog, either you can choose to be offended, you can choose not to read this post, or you can choose to just not put too much into things like this, as it is in fact a blog -and blogs are mainly about ranting.

I've never been a girl with a lot of friends. I've never been a girl with alot of female friends first of all, nor did I ever have a lot of boyfriends/boy-friends. Some of my boy friends, turned out to be either into being my boyfriend, or they found some girl who weren't interessted in them having a girl friend, so they basically just fell out of my life. Not that I mind, if you aren't man enough to keep your friendships after you join a relationship, then screw you -you have to learn to man up.
I will admit to the fact that if my boyfriend had a girlfriend he talked to more than he talked with me, and even hung out with more than he was around me, then yes -I would mind. My boyfriend however doesn't believe in jealousy, and if I did become jealous, that would be my problem -not his. Fair enough really, although it would pose a problem for our relationship. Good thing it's not an issue -at least not at the present time.

I just came to think of the fact that I don't really have that many close friends -and I don't see my friends very often. Does that make me a bad person? I don't think so. First of all, when you are no longer a student, you are no longer around alot of the people that you used to call friends. If I have to be honest with you, only one, or maybe two of the people I went to school with are my actual friends. I have a lot of aquaintances, and I have a lot of people I "know" -but friends? I wouldn't quite say that we are, no. It's ok that I meet these people every now and again, it's also ok that we have a coffee or do a BBQ in a park somewhere -it's just that, I feel like whenever we meet and casually talk, I remember and realize why we are not friends, and that we really don't have that much in common. And do you know what that is? It's JUST FINE.

We were forced to hang out, because we went to school together. Ok, so we picked the same studies. Picking the same degree means you should probably have some stuff in common, some sort of shared interest you would be able to talk about, and yes, we do. Besides that however, there isn't that much else that matches. I'm a nerdy computer girl who don't mind using the computer as my entertainmentcenter. I don't like going out and getting wasted, I choose not to do so because I don't feel like it, not because I'm trying to be boring. That's another thing btw, why are you always stamped as boring just because you'd rather stay in and watch a good movie instead of getting wasted at an overpriced bar? I never got drunk beyond belief, I never really "got" the whole drinking your brains out... I just, don't. Does it make me less interessting? I hate having hangovers, and after the last time I went out with work, I've had a headache for a week and a half because of shoulder/neck pains. This goes to show, alcohol + me = bad.

I'm lucky, I'm with someone who understands that, and who loves me for who I am. I've gotten new friends who also don't nag me about "oh but why aren't you drinking", and instead just accept that I want to have water for the rest of the evening instead of hangover-red-wine. I don't like beer, I detest drinks unless they are made by a professional, and even then, they bore me after a while because they are too sweet or too something.

Anyway.. back to the friendships. I've seen people come and go, alot actually -and haven't we all. I'm glad I've come to a point in life where I get to pick my friends, and my school doesn't get to pick them for me. I'm SO happy I don't have to be a part of a "group" that I don't really belong into, but I try anyway just because they feel like they have to invite me in. I'm glad all the lunches are over, all the heartaches are over, and that all the mean people in my life has gone their own ways. Some of them are probably not mean people, but we just didn't get along, which is as mentioned already, F-I-N-E.

This post turned out a bit different than I thought it would. Ah well, I write whatever pops into my head, and I don't edit. so here ya go.
xoxo
M

1 kommentar:

Cassandra sa...

I have a lot of acquaintances too and I don't really mind it at all. They're good for having fun with, but it's my friends that I depend on. They're the ones I run crying to and they're there for me anytime.

As long as it doesn't bother you that you don't see your friends very often, I think it's OK. Real friends don't need to be maintained the way acquaintances do. When you finally meet up, it's like no time has passed at all.